A travel award opportunity for under-represented minorities to attend the RSA Annual Scientific Conference and present their research during a poster session. An application must be submitted by all individuals who wish to apply. Poster abstract (required of applicants) must be submitted by the deadline specified each year. Undergrads (within 14 months post-undergraduate degree at the time of the meeting) will be awarded based on the quality of their poster abstract and those awarded will be paired with multiple mentors who will help them navigate the meeting. Applicant must be first author and only one application per person and per abstract may be submitted.
Current Undergraduate students who are...
- From an under-represented racial/ethnic group: African Americans, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and Latinos (STEM guidelines)
- LGBTQ individuals
- Individuals with a disability(ies)
- From a disadvantaged background
- RSA Meeting registration fee
- RSA abstract publication fee
- Taxi or rideshare services, excludes car rental and premium services
- Airfare (economy class or equivalent)
- Airport parking (5 days maximum)
- Lodging (5 days maximum at an RSA contracted hotel(s); one-half room fees and taxes)
- Meal per diem ($50/day, 5 days maximum)
Previous recipients of this award are:
2022 - Matthew Lopez